My Vegkid is on an Asparagus Kick lately... It's not like you can say NO to asparagus.
Some people would call this an appetizer or a side dish. I call it "an after school snack"
While you can eat this good stuff raw, steamed, barbecued or broiled, my young man likes his this way;
- Break tips from bad part of stalks and rinse.
- Put asparagus tips in a pot and add just enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes or until fork tender and still crunchy
- Drain water off, and put back in pan.
- Drizzle with a teeny bit of Olive Oil and sprinkle with Kelp granules (or salt of your choice) and garlic seasoning then serve.
Yup, takes a total of 6 minutes from fridge to table!! I realize boiling isn't the most healthful way to eat asparagus but at least he is eating it and his pallet is liking the green stuff.
Then again his pallet is liking a lot of things lately including raw baby bella mushrooms and even the honey suckle on his school play ground. (for another post)