During my life, I have made some pretty large changes... Here are just a few examples (not in any order):
- Not ever being able to sleep away from home, than getting married and moving 1000 miles away from home at the age of 18.
- Living in Georgia with husband and then deciding it was time to leave... So we did.
- Never ever ever planning to have children... Yeah well, you all know how that turned out!
- Eating the Standard American diet plus extra junk food thrown in.... to eating a veg diet and loving it!
- Hating the color green... which is now my signature color
- Not being able to handle the pain of a paper cut... to a 52 hour Natural labor and delivery.
- White flour being my absolute favorite food group... to now being mostly gluten free...
- Not wanting to exercise more than a walk around the block... to running/walking a marathon.
- Feeling horrible 80% of the time in my younger days, with stomach problems, breathing trouble, allergies, painful joints and fainting at the most embarrassing moments... to feeling Alive, thriving, without pain and enjoying every minute as an adult.
OK you get the idea.. Many of you have followed me on this journey and watched the changes... don't worry its not over yet. I won't be disappointing with a lack of weirdness.
But what this post is really about is the small changes. The little things behind the scenes that have made a huge difference the past few months. Each of these were added just one at a time, and now have become routine. It just goes to show that even small changes can make a BIG difference!
I'm wearing a size of pants that I have never been able to wear. (Not even as a toddler) I bought some skirts (that weren't jumpers) for the first time in my entire life. And my husband can't tell which shirts are mine vs. which are my 9yr old's when putting the laundry away. For the record, I can fit in to the same outfit I was wearing the night I met my husband while 17yrs old. (and it is BIG)!!
Why all this reflecting??? Because I have a birthday coming up and it feels GOOD! *smile*
I'm more active, more content, and more productive than ever. I've said that before... but just when I think I can't improve my lifestyle any further, I learn something new.
Since attending school, I've learned LOTS new.. Some I've been doing even before the school, but began doing more after learning more. Lots are helping my Lymph System which help my Adrenal issues and the green grass grows all around all around.
Here are just a few examples of what I have changed or added...
- Rebounding on the trampoline Really, who wouldn't start their day out happy when starting with a Bounce! But the best part? The Lymphatic benefits.
- Oil Pulling...This one is fairly new to me but Loving it. If you've never heard of Oil Pulling, check out my friend Morgan's Post here. I use the coconut oil option, and way less than a TBS. But my teeth are getting whiter all the time, my sinus's are clear and my skin is doing amazing things. I hear it can be good for arthritis too. And of course the Lymph system...LOVE this!
- A few nights a week I drink a Spiced up Tea Concoction for anti-inflammatory properties, digestion ease, as well as many other benefits. I warm up some water just under a boil and sprinkle in the following: Turmeric, Cumin, Cinnamon, Cardamom & Coconut sugar granules. Mixing all this together and drinking has a calm and settling effect on me. In fact I crave it now after a hardy meal or stressful day.
- I've added Yoga a few days a week, weight lifting a couple days a week and turned my running to interval training. (run, walk, run, walk) you get the idea.
- My Dry Brush bathroom gadget is my bestest bathroom friend. If you've never heard of dry brushing, it is the most amazing thing. Information can be found here. It is supposed to exfoliate, help with circulation, lymphatic system, cellulite and detox, but frankly I just like the way it feels.
- Earlier Bed time (self explanatory)
- Drinking more water through the day
- Adding warm water sips through the day (another good thing for lymph drainage)
- Changing up my smoothies to contain more veggies, less fruit and keeping dessert smoothies to treats.
- Getting outside several times a day. If it isn't raining, I'm getting outside for even just a few minutes. Whether it is walking or sitting in a chair working. The sun is a total mood changer!
- Getting others in this house to start pulling their weight... the realization that I don't have to do it all!!! Even the child can be doing more.. so he is!
- Adding more plants to the deck have given me so much joy.
- The bigger fridge has made me WANT to cook more at home.
- Adding an Amazing support system like I have never experienced has given me the confidence to do more, feel more and be more. I love my Classmates, family and friends!
And losing my job. OK that is a BIG one! BUT the stress reduction is amazing! Sure there are new stressors but I just feel it will all work out AND IT WILL!!! Less stress means happy adrenals. Keeping my lymph system happy means feeling better, nicer skin, soft hair, better moods, more energy, faster metabolism, sleeping better, easier digestion and sooooooo much more!
My days are not all rosey and perfect, there are still struggles but by adding these tiny things to take care of me, the struggles are far and few.
And when all else fails some shopping therapy works wonders!!