Time for a few days in review kind of post.. Nothing but random ramblings, because, well, it is just that time and for no other reason!
- Vegkid is loving his new school and has changed so much in such a short time. It has only been a few weeks but he has learned tons. I really can't even express the difference.
- Oh and the food situation.. "Mom, can you buy extra seaweed, I've been sharing with my friends and they really like it", why yes, yes I can!
- Actually I should do a whole other post on the food situation.... Yup, I will do that!
- I stayed after class last week with a new CrossFit Gal and we went for tea and a chat afterwards. Such a joy to meet new people and have something in common right off.
- A Health Coach friend told me about an App on the iPad for doodling. Hubs, Veg and I have all been making the funnest pictures. Little things amuse us, it seems!
- NeeNee is going in to surgery tomorrow, so that is the latest in her cancer squashing journey. We should probably send her a silly doodle... People keep saying that I must be scared, but really I'm not. I've decided to put any negative or worried thoughts to the back of my brain and choose to be positive. Like I tell my clients, we can't choose situations, but we can choose how we react to them. When it comes to my Mom, I'm taking my own advice! No need to worry about something that hasn't happend!
- Totally unrelated, but this is a random post after all. I have six books that I ordered for my "client library" that I haven't read yet. But do I read those??? Nope, I ordered another book. In theory, THIS book will get me back in to reading so I'll want to read the other six. Now that my school AND business programs are over, I have no excuses and am committed to long term learning initiatives to better my client interaction. So I'm "forcing" myself to read again and it is quite enjoyable.
- Tonight I was super duper excited to coach a Wellness Workshop at our CrossFit Box and had a blast. The anonymous written comments received from attendees were such a hoot. While it is true that I have a lot of workshops under my belt, this was the first with people that have seen me do Burpees. And that says a lot! *smile*
- A fun take-away for me was people finding out that I was the one coaching the class. Since I don't talk about my work there and/or my passion for clean eating (unless asked), it was fun to see their expressions. But even better was being a part of their transformations. Those AHA moments of a wellness educator NEVER get old.
- Vegkid got his sparring gear for karate and his first ever athletic "supporter"... The putting on of said supporter was quite comical. We also got to learn how to mold a mouth guard. Pretty sure it isn't supposed to take three attempts. But at least we got it eventually.
- Tomorrow is coffee/tea with another friend and another CrossFit workshop as we bust through EIGHT of those bad boys by mid-September. Did I mention, Super Duper excited!
I'll end this post with a funny from two people that attended my class tonight. They are a married couple that CrossFit together. And when asked what their obstacle was to improving their eating habits, they both pointed at each other and said "STRESS". Obviously when it was time to throw away their "obstacles" (pieces of paper) they couldn't throw each other away. Instead, they gave love taps and wrote down different obstacles. When it was time to discuss solutions, they worked together.
I thought that was cool! We may not always agree with our spouses nor do we always like them. And they may even drive us up a wall or stress us to the point of a fast food makeover, but regardless of the circumstance, all it takes is some love taps and discussing solutions.
On that note, I shall sign off... hope your week is going amazing where ever you may be!!
And to NeeNee..since I keep this blog up for you.... I'll try to post more so you have something to read in the hospital... Love ya! Ps. I took off that Amazon thing so you can comment again *wink*